Saturday, July 14, 2007

For all of those who were wondering about the progress of my toilet room renovation this is the final progress report of construction. At last the work is coming to a conclusion. As you can see the ceramic tile is in place. Although the contractor has not had much experience installing the 30 x 30 cm. (12") tiles I was able to have the tile and all material completed to my approval.
Looking at the entire project and the adjacent rooms that were renovated, the two key principles of the choices and design of the spaces that governed were 1) sustainable materials and 2) domestic manufacturers. Both these issues proved to be a very satisfying and comfortable design. While looking with sophomoric eyes and I did not do anything 'wind and crazy'as I have done with some clients, but this was an experiment ,of sorts, with the way I would like to proceed in my next project. This effort provides some realistic benchmarks for future projects. In a way Renovation is very cathartic and provides some real world experiences to balance life energies.

No comments: