Tuesday, May 22, 2007



Here is a house that I was asked to add to the original structure. The Client is form the Middle East (I think?) and wanted to provide room for his family of four. The original house was owned by a masonry contractor and was adequate built with 4,000 square feet. My task was to provide a solution which would provide a Mediterranean style in the deep recesses of the woods in Chesapeake, Virginia. The new entry doors are crash-proof and the expanded new square footage is now about 8,000 square feet. I was really impressed that the contractor was able to take my detailed sketches and drawings and convert it into something that -Even I, liked! I am including the colored sketch although I did a black and white sketch of pencil because I think color better represents the picture. When I get a chance to get out there I will take a snap! One final note, they flow that this project had was very enjoyable and at times frustrating but I was glad I was asked to design this addition- I love my job! Above all it is a style which some say is mediterranean- but I say it is beachy! The result is consistant in style with projects I had worked on 30 years ago! Like Yogi says "its deja vue all over again".

No comments: