Friday, May 18, 2007



In the beginning their is a room in my house that is in need of major renovation. Amid going to the B.A.C. and working, it was pretty drab with colonial beige walls and old vinyl flooring which is about to change. Last night at about 8:00 p.m. my name was drawn from a raffle at East Coast Appliance on Laskin Road and I was fortunate to have won an entire kitchen full of appliances. This includes a new refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. All brushed stainless with black trim- so the next step is obvious for me- upgrade the room. This will mean new flooring and paint with some new trim. A chance to break out of the mundane mold of conformity and show my individuality. Did I say I never win anything? This event proves me wrong. The temptation is always to go beyond with design but it can be an incremental thing. The next steps will be to concentrate on intangible thing and keep this recent good fortune in perspective. Maybe it is the fact the BAC has help me view the Larger world, form and interact with smart, energetic young minds and probe my individuality?

No comments: